Over my time away, I often thought about all of you and my blog. I missed you and writing things. I didn’t miss doing the grocery sales. I found it to be too stressful. I didn’t have the energy to keep up with the weekly posts with the additional energy to share my thoughts and recipes. Ugh, too much!! Now my health is worse so I’m thinking that I will only create posts for recipes and also just to tell stories about my life. That’s what my blog was always about anyway. Something for all of you to have for when I am gone. A little piece of me left behind, so to speak.
For those of you who are grumbling about me not sharing the weekly sales with you, I say, “Too damn bad!”. lol 😁 You should have taken notes and learned what I was teaching you! Don’t worry, I’ll give you a link here to one post where I summed it all up. Then you are on your own. I hope that I taught you all some ways to save money!
Grocery Shopping – https://lisasalsworld.ca/2017/07/14/grocery-shopping-how-to-save-the-most/
Online Shopping Tips – https://lisasalsworld.ca/2017/06/06/online-shopping-tips/
You know, I’m not liking this new editor here. I keep losing my paragraphs and I haven’t figured out how to spell check! Let me tell you, when you have a special computer that tracks your eyes to type and then your work disappears… FREAK OUT happens! Like just now. I had it finished but it would not save or let me publish – minus a spell check cause I don’t know how – only to lose everything. Huhhhhhhhh. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.
Anyhoo, I’m tired. Hey guys, I just typed this twice! lol How about I leave you with some recipes from myself and some fellow bloggers? Perfect for summer and the hot weather. Summer has finally arrived here in Ottawa. We had no spring and suddenly the heat arrived. I’m glad that we have air conditioning here at St. Vincent Hospital. A nurse told me that back when they didn’t have it, people died because of the heat! Let’s say “Amen” for air conditioning! lol Ahhh, simple needs!
- Who doesn’t like potato salad in the summer? This one looks pretty good – https://whatsfordinnermoms.com/2019/07/10/loaded-potato-salad/
- I loved grilling my pork souvlaki and serving it with some homemade tzatziki! – https://lisasalsworld.ca/2017/06/13/pork-souvlaki-and-home-made-tzatziki/
- I always loved a Cobb Salad and this one looks delish! – https://dinnerthendessert.com/cobb-pasta-salad/
- Coleslaw seems to be a summer staple. This one has an Asian flair! – https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/asian-slaw-recipe/
- The summer heat brings me my favourite fruit. Peaches! – https://bakeorbreak.com/2019/07/peach-hand-pies/
- Of course I can’t leave you without my favourite kind of recipe. No churn ice cream!! – https://lisasalsworld.ca/2017/10/09/easy-no-churn-cheesecake-ice-cream-with-a-raspberry-white-chocolate-swirl/
Stay healthy and have fun!