This is the second no churn ice cream recipe that I have created! Woop Woop! In the last recipe – No Churn Malted Milk Ice Cream With Caramel And Fudge Swirls – I admitted that I had never made ice cream before. What I didn’t tell you though is that Aunt Paul had already tried and succeeded BRILLIANTLY in making me a no churn ice cream with roasted fresh peaches with brown sugar and bourbon!! It was TO DIE FOR!
Since then, my amazing Aunt has made me 3 deliciously yummy recipes that I am pleased to devour! The last one was a no churn pumpkin pie ice cream! If you have been following my blog, you know that I was the weird kid who always wanted pumpkin pie instead of cake on my birthday. I just lovelovelove it! Since I can’t eat regular food, only ice cream, having this no churn pumpkin pie ice cream is pure Heaven to me!
Here are the links to the no churn ice creams that we have tried. For my first recipe, Aunt Paul made it with and without the malted milk powder. I love it with the malted milk powder!
For this recipe I’m going fruity with chocolate. I’m combining some of my favourite foods in ice cream form! Cheesecake – uhhh who doesn’t like cheesecake?? – raspberries – my favourite berry!! – and chocolate – need I even ask? For me, I will need to strain the raspberry syrup. I can’t swallow large pieces but that’s just me. Feel free to skip that step if you prefer large pieces of raspberries. I have also decided that white chocolate and raspberries would be super yummy but dark chocolate or milk chocolate would also be delicious! You decide!
For the Cream Base
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream (or coconut cream for non-dairy)
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk (or sweetened condensed coconut milk for non dairy)
- 7 oz of cream cheese – Does anyone know of a non dairy cream cheese substitute?
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the Berry Swirl
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries (or your prefered berry)
- 3 Tbsp. of sugar
- 2 Tbsp. of lemon juice
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 3/4 cup of white chocolate chips (Enjoy Life makes great dairy free chocolate chips)
- 4 Tbsp. of heavy whipping cream (or coconut cream)
- Combine berries, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium high heat. Cook until the berries burst, using your spoon to help them along – smoosh them. Allow mixture to simmer and thicken slightly. ~5 mins.
- Put a bowl on the counter and pour berry mixture through a fine mesh strainer into bowl. Use the back of a spoon to press the juices out of the pulp. Place syrup in the fridge to chill.
- Put chocolate chips and cream into microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 15 second intervals until melted, smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until. smooth. Set aside.
- Beat whipped cream until stiff peaks form. Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream until just combined.
- Spoon half of the cream into a freezer safe container or loaf pan. Place alternating dollops of chilled berry syrup and chocolate ganache. Top with remaining cream mixture. Again place alternating dollops of berries and chocolate. Using a knife swirl berries and chocolate through cream mixture.
- Freeze for 6 to 8 hours. Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy my creation! I hope you let me know if you try any of these recipes! Trust this ice cream snob, you are going to love me for introducing you to this easy no churn ice cream. TO DIE FOR! Start with the heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla then dream of your favourite flavour! Happy adventures!