I literally have nothing! I have been sick for the last two weeks or so with not one but TWO different infections one after another. And I am tired guys! I don’t have my usual good outlook on my life, living with ALS and all. So, instead of passing my poor me attitude onto you I’m going to pass on my cousin Shawn’s risotto recipe to you instead!
Take it away cousin Shawn!
The reason I’ve been delaying on the recipe is because… I don’t really use one, I wing it! It goes something like this:
1 ½ cups Arborio rice
Vegetable stock (Paula is a vegetarian)
Some chopped onions
A clove or 2 of garlic
diced green pepper
diced red pepper
¼ cup of Parmigiano cheese
¼ cup of taleggio cheese
¼ cup of Asiago cheese
1) In a deep pot, heat up a gob of butter, add some diced onions and the finely chopped garlic
2) Add rice now.
3) Stir in rice and cook in pan for about a couple of minutes (medium high heat)
4) Begin adding vegetable stock (I usually mix 1 part vegetable stock to 2 parts water). The water/vegetable stock must be HOT when adding it to the pot.
5) Add just enough water to cover the rice, as it absorbs, add more.
6) You’ll do this, 4, maybe 5 times until the Arborio rice reaches the right consistency (I like it a little softer – some like it a little firmer)
7) In a separate pan, quickly stir fry the peppers
8) When you’re happy with consistency of rice, reduce heat to low
9) Mix in peppers, frozen peas and frozen corn, stir for a few minutes
10) Stir in cheeses.
This stuff keeps for a few days in the fridge.