I decided to try and sneak onto the Reader so I could see what the blogs that I follow were up to. After one computer crash and several looooooooong moments hoping that my computer wouldn’t crash again, I found this delicious looking soup recipe! Woohoo!
I think that I would use chicken thighs – because HELLO cheaper! – and add 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed of course. What do you think?
Happy cooking! xo
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion- diced
- 4 garlic cloves- rough shredded
- 1 – 1 1/4 lbs. chicken breast diced into cubes (or 2 cans chickpeas, drained)
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano (or some bay leaves)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoons chipotle powder or cayenne, or to style
- 1 tomato – diced
- 1 tiny can diced green chilies (optional)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 4 ounces dry linguini noodles (or pasta, or gluten-free or rice noodles)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Garnish with avocado slices, recent cilantro, scallions and lime
Read More: Gluten Free Instant Noodle Cups
- In a very massive heavy bottom pot or dutch oven, saute onion in 1-2 T oil over med-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and garlic. Saute 5-6 minutes till it begins to brown, stirring usually.
- Add salt and…
View original post 117 more words