Have you ever had a week where you think a day is another day and then your whole week seems to be all back-assward? Yeah, that was me last week! I woke up Monday morning convinced that it was Wednesday. Whaaaa? I know, I don’t get it! On Wednesday, I was lost. Usually my Father comes every Wednesday but I decided, or at least my brain decided, that it wasn’t Wednesday because Monday was Wednesday right? – and I was asleep when he came! What an asshat move on my part!
I have a hard time sleeping – even with all the meds that the Doctors have prescribed. First you have to fall asleep right? Well, that’s the time my brain decides to cover EVERY. SINGLE. SUBJECT known to man! Why!? I’m supposed to be drifting, peacefully into La La Land and instead I’m thinking about the time that I coached a high-schools girls rugby team to championship and how much I wish that I could tell my niece and nephews. And then because I was thinking about rugby, my mind drifts to my friend Buddha who helped me coach. He is a hugely talented guitar player and singer! I loved watching him play! Now, because I was thinking about music my mind drifts to my Father. And I think about how he brought a guitar to the hospital and sang my favourite song for me. Me and Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin. It was the first time that I’ve heard him play or sing. And when he was singing, I realized that he didn’t leave ME when I was a baby! It was a calamity of problems that collided to drive my family apart…Then I finally fall asleep only to wake up a few hours later because the pain of lying in one spot is too much and I need to call the nurse to turn me over. Start process of falling asleep over!
Have you ever fallen in love with a television series only to have some number crunching dumbass executive cancel it on you? Don’t they know that we depend on our dose of a fantasy life?! Recently I fell in love with Outsiders! Why didn’t anyone warn me that they cancelled it after 2 seasons? Why? Why do they always cancel my favourite shows? Maybe I have crappy taste in TV! lol
There was a time when I loved being in the garden. I just loved planting things and watching them grow! Anyone else love playing in the dirt? There’s something grounding about growing your own food…and flowers too. My Aunt Paul and Uncle Gary have an amazing garden! I was striving to be as good a gardener as my Uncle. Before I got sick that is. Because my Aunt and Uncle have reap such a bountiful amount of vegetables every year, I’m going to end this session with recipes that I’ve found on other sites – and maybe some treats as well…
Here are some recipes that I found for those gardeners who have too many zucchini (other than my deep-fried zucchini sticks that is)…
- This chocolate zucchini cake looks to die for!
- I would like to sit down eat the whole pan of this summer tomato and zucchini halloumi bake!
- Want your taste buds to take a trip to Mexico? Try these black bean and quinoa enchilada zucchini boats!
- Use a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles and go to Thailand with this chicken with zucchini noodles with a coconut peanut sauce!
Here are some recipes that made me drool…
- I want this on every bowl of ice cream! The best hot fudge sauce!
- These look so good I would give up…errr, men for them! Bonfire Brownies!
- Can anyone argue about cherries and chocolate together doesn’t sound good? Cherry chocolate chip cookies!
- AND, anyone who knows me know how much I love chocolate and peanut butter! This recipe actually makes eating them healthy!? Frozen peanut butter cup pie! Drool!
I hope everyone enjoyed this post and I can’t wait to hear your thoughts! Happy thinking and cooking!