In my last post, I gave you all some recipes for your zucchini overloaded gardens, from other bloggers completely forgetting that I had yet to share my Aunt Paulette’s zucchini loaf! What a dufus I am! lol
My Aunt is an incredible baker but when she has too many cherry tomatoes and zucchini coming out of her garden, she has come to me for inspiration for ways to cook them. I love that! I love that my family looks to me for cooking advice! Unfortunately, in the baking department I’m just not that helpful.
So here is advice from the baker extraordinaire, my Aunt Paul! This recipe for zucchini loaf makes two yummy yummy loaves! They freeze well so feel free to eat one and freeze the other. I just have to add that I think that some dark chocolate chips would add to the yummy-ness! Just sayin’! lol
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1 cup of oil, vegetable, sunflower or a light olive oil
- 2 cups of grated zucchini do not peel do not drain juice.
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 3 cups of sifted flour
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, your choice (my favourites are walnuts!)
- Pre-heat your oven to 325° F
- Combine and beat first 5 ingredients.
- Sift together the next 6 ingredients, add nuts.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and stir well.
- Pour into well-greased loaf pans (2). Bake 1 hour.
I really wish that I could bake some of these and not only eat them but also take pictures of all of this glory! I look forward to hearing how your loaves turn out! Happy baking!