I was never much of a baker but there were a few things that I had mastered. Cheesecake, banana bread, peanut butter cookies and chocolate chip cookies! I found this recipe awhile back but I don’t remember where. What I do know is that if you want big fat, soft and chewy cookies, this is the recipe for you!
I can’t wait to hear from you about how amazing these cookies are!
- 2 cups of All Purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 Tbsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325° F (165° C). Grease or line cookie sheets.
- Sift together the flour, backing soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
This cookie recipe makes big, soft and chewy cookies. I would use the basic recipe and change-up what you add. I would try adding some orange zest and dark chocolate chips. Or dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless!
Happy baking everyone!