I will start off by saying thank you to Sandie and Kim over at Oh Yes, They Did for the nomination for the Bloggers Recognition Award!
If you have not had the chance to read their posts, please stop by and read what they have to say! They are a mom and daughter dynamo who tackle crafts, cooking and some DIY ideas. Oh Yes, They Did
How my blog started
My blog started from my shopping addiction. lol Not entirely true but it does have some truth. Many of my readers know that I have ALS. After my mom passed and then shortly after that, my husband I spent a lot of time shopping, getting great deals and sharing recipes with my friends and family members. I was bored and part of me wanted the people who I love to have something from me when I leave this plane. You see, I didn’t get to have children so what will there be of me when I am gone?
My friend Lynne decided that I should have a platform to spread my shopping tips – which I have slacked on, sorry! – and my recipes. I don’t know if she understood what exactly she was gifting me with – a place to be remembered – but that is how my blog came to be!
Advice for new bloggers
- Be yourself! I don’t have a degree in English or anything like that. I write from my heart and when I am having a hard time, I don’t try to pretend that I am not. I’m just me and people seem to like that.
- Determine what you want to achieve with your blog. For me, I’m not in it for money or statistics – though I DO like it when people say that they like my posts! HeeHee! Hey, I’m not a saint! lol
Here are the rules for the Blogger Recognition Award :
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and give a link to their site.
- Do a post to show your award.
- Give a summary of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for any new bloggers.
- Select at least 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Let each nominee know you’ve nominated them and give a link to your post.