Some of you are probably scratching your head and thinking, HUH? First for my french followers, I don’t know how to add the accents okay! Secondly for my non-french speaking followers, this recipe is for a french Canadian version of fudge! Yay fudge! Mmmmmmm-mmmmmm sucre a la creme!
My Aunt Suzie makes the BEST sucre a la creme and this is her recipe! Thank you Aunt Suzie! When I moved home with my Mom and my eating was getting more difficult, my Aunt Suzie would make this for me all of the time. And when my swallowing got more difficult, she stopped putting walnuts in it so I could just suck on it as it melted in my mouth. Hmmmm, I wonder if I could make a maple version and have it as a ripple in some no churn home-made ice cream? What do you guys think? Maybe?
This recipe is a base recipe. What that means is that it is up to you what flavour you want to make it. Do you want chocolate, maple, maple walnut, chocolate mint…it’s up to you! I’m a maple walnut girl myself. What do you like?
- 2 lb. of butter – butter not margarine
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 6 oz of Carnation milk
- 1/2 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of icing sugar
- walnuts, maple extract, mint extract, cocoa, dried cranberries, orange extract, raisins…your choice so play!
- Melt butter in a saucepan
- Add brown sugar, Carnation milk and vanilla to melted butter and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 5 minutes. It has to boil really hard for that 5 minutes.
- Take saucepan off heat and add icing sugar.Beat hard for ~15 minutes, until it loses its gloss.
- Now you can add whatever flavouring you want.
- Pour mixture into lined pan and place in fridge overnight. Cut and serve!
I hope you enjoy making your own sucre a la creme and I can’t wait to hear about your adventures! Ooohh, wouldn’t orange extract and dried cranberries be delicious? Happy baking!
2 thoughts on “Sucre A La Creme”
I know a french boy who will love me even more if I make these!! He won’t care about the lack of accents LOL xx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Take pictures pleasepleaseplease! xo