This is the BEST cake in the world! I say that being a person who was never really into eating cake…unless it was this cake! There is only one other cake that I loved before I got ALS but I’ll give you that recipe another day. Now that I can no longer eat food by mouth, I want to yell “GIVE ME CAKE!”.
In truth though I used to prefer pie or a crumble of some kind. My Aunt Paul’s carrot cake is what made me a cake lover. This cake will transport you to Heaven! Hope you enjoy!
Aunt Paul’s Carrot Cake
- Turn your oven at 350 degrees ladies
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan
- 1 1/2 cups of oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 8 grated carrots
- 3 cups of flour – 2 1/2 tsp. baking soda – 2 1/2 tsp. salt – 2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon – 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder – 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
1) Beat oil, eggs, vanilla, and sugar till fluffy, add grated carrots blend well.
2) in an other bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, use a Whisk add walnuts.
3) combine both mixture stir till smooth, pour into pan and bake for 50 minutes
Cream cheese Icing
- Two packages of cream cheese
- One large bag of icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tsp. of lemon juice
- Use electric beater, beat until smooth
I’ve made this cake often for Lisa and my family : 0 )
6 thoughts on “Aunt Paul’s Amazing Carrot Cake”
Lol I think this one was trademarked- lol
LikeLiked by 1 person
Nothin says I love you like Paulette’s food!!
“turn your oven to 350 LADIES” Whoa… why don’t you think that your handsome cousin Shawn doesn’t bake?
Love you cuz xo
You’ll have to take that up with Aunt Paul Shawn because she wrote the recipe. Are you sure that you’re actually baking yourself cuz? Given your sister’s baking maybe you should pass the recipe to the wife! lol
And… where are the raisins?
Pingback: Here’s To A Happy New Year, Some Recipes And Some Small Talk! | Lisa's " I have too much time on my hands" Site