Okay, okay… The picture is not one I took! Of course, none of them are but some are ones that a family member or a friend took for me. I couldn’t get one for this awesome recipe and I so wish that I could have! The container of this PB-B&J no churn ice cream that my Aunt Paul made for me looks soooo yummy that you would want to scoop some through the screen! lol
You are probably scratching your head about that extra B in my title, am I right? I wanted to combine all of my favourites in one ice cream. I added not just bananas to my peanut butter and jelly ice cream, I added Bourbon Banana Butter! Oh yeah, I went all out for this easy no churn ice cream. Now, if you are not into making the Bourbon Banana Butter, which would also be great on toast, as a dip for fruits or even as a topping for everything from pancakes to ice cream, you could just either add mashed bananas or skip it altogether.
Before I get to the recipe, I want to spend a little bit explaining how you can make this dairy free. I have some followers who are sensitive to dairy. Hi, my little Lily! This part is for you! The base of this recipe is always the same. It’s two cups of whipping cream, one can of sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. From there you can use your imagination, as I have – poor Aunt Paul, and create your own flavours. To make this non dairy, you will substitute Coconut Cream for the Whipping cream and for the sweetened condensed milk you can find sweetened condensed coconut milk. Here are some that I have found…
These are the brands that I have ordered from Amazon for friends and family who have sensitivities to dairy. You can also find what you need at grocery stores. You know that I had to order them because of my situation. There is a trick to using the coconut cream, and make sure you get the cream not coconut milk. You have to put the coconut cream in the fridge the night before you use it. It will separate the liquid from the more solid cream. When you open the can, scoop the solid part out. You can use the liquid in a smoothie if you want. My sister-in-law also swears by putting her bowl and beaters in the fridge too. Thanks Donaria! xo
Before I give you my latest creation, here are some links for the No Churn Ice Creams that I already am enjoying!
- I love peaches, they are one of my favourite fruits so when I found this recipe I knew that I had to have some! No Churn Sugar Roasted Peach Pie Ice Cream!
- I absolutely loved pumpkin pie. If you have been following me for awhile, you know that I wanted pumpkin pie instead of cake for my birthday as a kid! I know, weirdo! lol if you like pumpkin pie, give this one a try. No Churn Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream!
- One of my favourite flavours that I have created so far is this one here. I use the recipe for the fudge and the caramel in this recipe for all of my creations. Soooooo yummy! No Churn Malted Vanilla Ice Cream With Home-Made Fudge And Caramel Swirls!
- This ice cream is delicious as is but I have played with it a few times. I added cocoa powder to the base to make chocolate cream cheese ice cream and to add to that yummy-ness, I also added 2 Tbps of raspberry liquor. Mmmmmm-mmmm, so worth it! Easy No Churn Cheesecake Ice Cream With Raspberry And White Chocolate Swirls!
- Now I have used the recipes found here as a starting point to create my own ice creams. Like the coffee one found here. I can’t have any chunks in my ice cream so I used my recipe for home-made fudge and swirled it through! Yum! No Churn Ice Cream 5 Ways
Now back to the recipe…
For the base
- 2 cups of Whipping Cream
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
For the flavour
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup of grape jelly – or your favourite jam or jelly
- 1 cup of Bourbon Banana Butter, optional
- Pinch of salt
Optional Bourbon Banana Butter
- 2 lbs of bananas – about 6 bananas, peeled and sliced up
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Bourbon
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, peanut butter, 1 cup of Bourbon Banana Butter – if using and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat whipped cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, approximately 2 minutes. Fold approximately 1 cup of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until combined. Fold the peanut butter cream mixture back into the whipped cream until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a metal loaf pan. Dot with jelly on top randomly, then swirl the jelly into the ice cream base. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 5 hours before serving.
Instructions for Bourbon Banana Butter
- Mash or puree the bananas with the brown sugar. Transfer to a heavy bottom pot and add the Bourbon.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until it thickens. Turn the heat down so you don’t scorch it and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Sterilize your jars. Pour your Bourbon Banana Butter into your jars. Let cool then refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
I hope you enjoy my latest no churn ice cream creation! I know I am!! Happy freezing!