Man, I have been in a funk lately! I have re-read my last few posts and I was being someone special, wasn’t I? And not a good special either! Well, no more of that negativity! I’m trying to get my positive attitude back. I hope that if I keep telling myself to look on the bright side, I will get back to my usual self…
I think talking about ice cream is a sure-fire way to feel positive. I mean, who doesn’t love ice cream? Even those who have allergies to milk have found a way to enjoy the frozen treat! If that isn’t a walking advertisement for the stuff then I don’t know what to say. I love ice cream! Of course it’s the only thing that I can eat now but who cares! At least it’s ice cream! I mean, I could be stuck with only gruel to eat, right? I have to say that if I could only eat gruel, I would find ways to make gruel the best thing ever. Just like I’m inventing different ice cream flavours!
The best thing about no churn ice cream is that you do not need a machine to create the frozen bliss that is ice cream. Man, I hope that none of you are playing a drinking game while reading this post! How many times have I said ice cream? I think that you would be smashed by now and the post isn’t over. Ha! Ice cream ice cream ice cream ice cream! lol
Today I’m going to share with you my No-Churn Apple Pie Ice Cream With Homemade Caramel Swirls! Doesn’t that sound delicious? It is yummy indeed. Now, I took some short cuts with this recipe because 1- I am not the one who has to make all of my creations and 2- I wanted my Aunt to make it a lot! lol
I use apple pie filling from a can. Yes, I could have asked my wonderful Aunt Paul to get some apples and cook them with all of the warm and fuzzy spices that go into an apple pie and then blend it with the sweetened condensed milk until it is nice and smooth BUT like I said, I really want my Aunt to make it a lot. It is that good people! You are going to drop to your knees and praise me for giving you this recipe! Okay, maybe you will just send me a thanks! lol
Here are my previous ice cream wonderful recipes and some that I have made and loved from other bloggers. Just so you know how easy it is to create your own ice cream bliss once you have the base recipe down.
- No-Churn Ginger Bread Ice Cream With Spiced Rum Buttercream Swirls Now I did change this recipe a little but I have not updated the post. First, I only used 2 Tbsp of molasses. Second, I used half of the spices amounts and then added to it until I got to where I wanted with the flavour. For me, it was too spicy for my delicate throat. If I were normal, I think that I could have handled the spices. I didn’t change the spiced rum buttercream at all.
- I absolutely love peaches, they are one of my favourite fruits after all. So when I found this recipe, I just had to have it! No-Churn Brown Sugar Roasted Peach Pie Ice Cream!
- As a kid I always wanted pumpkin pie for my birthday instead of cake. Okay, I was a weirdo! If you like pumpkin pie give this a try! You won’t be disappointed. No-Churn Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
- One of my favourite creations so far has been this recipe here. I promise that you will lovelovelove it! No-Churn Malted Vanilla Ice Cream With Homemade Fudge And Caramel Swirls! I use this recipe for the fudge and caramel in all of my ice creams
- This ice cream is delicious as is but I have played with it a few times. I added cocoa powder to the base to make chocolate cream cheese ice cream and to add to that yummy-ness, I also added 2 Tbps of raspberry liquor. Mmmmmm-mmmm, so worth it! No-Churn Cream Cheese Ice Cream With Raspberry White Chocolate Swirls
For the base…
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream (or coconut cream for dairy free)
- 1 14 oz of sweetened condensed milk (or sweetened condensed coconut milk)
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
For the flavour…
- 1 half of a can of apple pie filling, or more if you want more apples. I can’t because it will not be smooth enough for me to swallow. – or homemade apple pie filling
- Homemade caramel or store-bought. You can find my recipe for homemade caramel in my malted vanilla ice cream recipe – soooo good!
- If you are making your caramel sauce from scratch, I suggest you make it the day before. It keeps well in a Mason jar in the fridge. I do hope that you give making homemade sauces a whirl, they are delicious and you will never buy store-bought again!
- Begin by combining the apple pie filling, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in a food processor or blender and pulse until you have reached your desired consistency. I have to blend until it is completely smooth because I have difficulty swallowing but I think that you could leave some apple pieces in there.
- Using a handheld mixer or a stand mixer, whip the whipping cream to stiff peaks form. Gently fold the apple mixture into the whipping cream.
- Using a loaf tin or a sealing freezer safe container, pour half of your cream mixture into your container. Dot caramel all over and using a knife, swirl caramel through the cream mixture. Top with remaining cream mixture, more caramel and swirl with knife again.
- Seal your container with lid or plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving! Woo hoo, you’re done!
I hope you love my creation! Happy eating everyone!