It’s been awhile has it not? I mean for me to post a Random Thoughts post. Well, I have some thoughts to share! I always have something I want to say but I am silent because of my ALS. I really wish that I could talk to my visitors but I do love to listen to everyone. I always was more of a listener than a talker. Funny now that I can no longer talk, I want to speak up! Have you ever seen that movie where, I think it was Eddy Murphy… Maybe, anyway, there was a tree in his back yard and every time he spoke a leaf would fall off. And then when the tree was bare, he would no longer be able to speak. That’s how I felt when I was losing my speech. Only it was not nearly as funny as the movie. And the movie was funny! Have you seen it?
As you all know, I like to watch HGTV. Lately there has been a lot of re-runs. I don’t really mind though because I like to feel like I’m keeping up with the decorating times! lol I still hate watching all of the waste that ends up our landfills. Have you ever watched any of their shows? There is sooooo much that could be recycled or reused. Like those over sized mirrors that they used to use in ohhhh, say the ’80’s? I get that people want to update their bathrooms but why do they always smash the mirrors? Or in the ’70’s when they put mirrors on everything. Don’t smash them and put them in our landfills people! Take them down and use them to make updated mirrors with frames. You can have them cut to different sizes, make frames using trim pieces or if you are not a DIY kinda person, have someone do it for you. I guarantee you that you will not only save money but you’ll also save our Earth! And wood! Why are we throwing wood and / or cabinets in the garbage?! Why?! I don’t understand…
Did you know that I am the family historian? I started a family tree after I was diagnosed with ALS. I guess that when I was faced with my own mortality, I wanted to know who came before me. Does that make sense? I think that I wanted to know that something would continue on after me. Or maybe it was just to see about my family and their lives before I came along. What ever the reasons behind why I started the family tree, I learned a great deal about my ancestors! Man, there were soooooooo many child deaths in the past. I can’t believe how they just kept on trying. Can you imagine what it would be like to have child after child pass away on you and still try to have more? I’m surprised that more women Didn’t end up being hospitalized after nervous breakdowns. I know that I couldn’t have done it. Oh, and Aunt Paul, we a lot of family members who lived long into their lives. Check the tree!
Anyhoo, that is all from me for now but check out these recipes from my blogging friends!
- I always liked to make my own salad dressings but, boy do I wish that I had this one! Easy buttermilk ranch dressing!
- I love me some creamy garlic sauce with chicken and a nice el dente pasta and this one looks delicious! Chicken with garlic sauce!
- Okay, apparently I am wishing that I could eat some pasta because this recipe jumped off the page to me! lol Sausage and spinach pasta with a white wine sauce!
- Is there anything better than fresh basil, cheese and tomatoes? I don’t think so. Here is a new take on the traditional caprese salad! Basil marinated mozzarella with fresh summer tomatoes!
- Do any of you like fish because this salmon recipe looks yummy! Spicy honey glazed salmon!
- You know that we need something sweet and this will do the trick! Creamy mocha custard!
Have a great weekend everyone! Here are some pictures that I have found from either family or during my research for our family tree. Don’t you just love old photos like this? Amazing!