This is a recipe that I always made for the holidays. I even made this for special occasion dinners because it is simple and so yummy! This would also be great to make if you have picky kids. You have something GREEN on their plate, then smother it in a creamy cheese sauce and everything is A-OKAY!
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into medium florets
- 1 bunch of cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 4 small onions, cut into medium slivers
- 2 Tbsp. of butter
- 2 Tbsp. of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 4 ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup of soft bread crumbs
- 1 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. of butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- In a microwave safe bowl, place broccoli and a splash of water. Cover with plastic wrap leaving a side for the steam to escape. Microwave for 3 to 5 minutes on high.
- Repeat for cauliflower and onion
- In a saucepan, melt 2 Tbsp. of butter
- Add flour, salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add milk
- Cook until thick and bubbly
- Add cream cheese and cook until smooth
- Spray a 9 x 13 casserole with oil
- Combine vegetables and cream cheese sauce and pour into casserole
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and melted butter
- Sprinkle on top of casserole
- Cover with foil and bake in pre-heated oven for 1 hour
I hope you enjoy this as much as I always did! I wish that I could take pictures so you could see all this yummy-ness!